Online Learning and Beyond
Date posted Thu Apr 19, 2012
These days it is not uncommon for young children, kids, pre-teens, and teenagers to have a tablet. Some children have laptops or easy availability to a laptop. Creating new online education is not always easy. The below websites have some creative, insightful, and well distributed programs that may help you with your next plan. Hopefully the kids will have some fun along the way too!
- - iCreate to Educate :: increases student understanding across all content areas with a simple, intuitive technology. Research based tools. Students can create with their hands, engage with effective technology, and work in teams. COST: $30.00 for basic download.
- - BetterLesson :: Find lesson plans, classroom materials and resources from high-performing K-12 teachers. BetterLesson is focused on aggregating and scaling the most innovative content and practices from high-performing teachers across the country. COST: Free
- - Persistance Plus :: Engages and motivates students to college completion through a mobile platform that uses transformative behavioral interventions. It is uniquely able to outreach, engage, and support students who would otherwise be at-risk for not completing college. COST: “Reasonable cost”
- - TenMarks :: Online Math Programs with Interactive math worksheets, hints, and video lessons. Math Programs for Parents, Educators, Homeschoolers & Students. COST: Free to $89.00
- - Boundless Learning :: makes open educational content more useful for students by connecting them with high quality, openly licensed, and free educational content that has been created by leading educators and institutions. They curate the best open content to create a free learning platform that saves students money and helps them learn more efficiently. COST: Free
- - Firehoze :: Offers a community-generated catalog of video tutorials designed to allow students find the classroom help they need. It’s for students, instructors, and schools. Also, join or create an on-line study group, access all your lessons and notes in your “my firehoze” site, get community updates, follow your favorite tutors, and access help 24/7 regardless of location. COST: Free and small amount for credits.
- - Eletrokite :: Educational apps for classrooms. Interactive whiteboard and desktop apps. iPad and iPhone lessons mobilize learning. COST: Free trial or $9.99/month
- - Memrise :: A revolutionary new learning community. Learn languages or just about anything for free. Powered by science, imagination and fun. The dream is for Memrise to be a self-generating hub of imaginative learning that improves and expands with the people who use it. COST: Free